Sunday, November 16, 2008

I did it!

I started the program i have been wanting to begin! My goal, to get back to running 3 miles a day! I used to do 3.5. From my apartment to the trail, doing the trail and back was 3.5 miles. I can remember the day i did it for the first time without walking. i did the rocky finish when i got home! i remember callling a friend of mine yelling i did it, i did it, because i never thought i would get to the point of not sucking wind the entire time, or that i would ever ENJOY it. He always told me i could and would give me ideas to try that would make it easier or not make me feel like i was dying!

When i moved here (away from my hometown) to be closer to my now hubby, i found another place that i could run, and i often did, or would go workout at the gym.

about 2 months after we married, i started getting really bad migraines (i always had them, but that month i had 18 days of migraines!). I was put on meds that SUCKED any motivation i had. Since i had no get up and go, i sat! i went from being ADHD to lathargic. needless to say, i gained weight.

I hated the meds and against my Dr.'s recommendation, i quit taking all of it! thank goodness because not many months later we found out we were expecting! the meds i was on carried LOTS of birth defect warnings!

before Z was 8 months old, we found out we were having a lil surprise (who we now call caboose!) i hadn't lost the baby weight from Z, add to it, D born 13 months after Z...and you have a mama that needs to get back into shape!

I hate the way i look & feel, and i am the only one that can change that. There is no easy fix. it will take eating right and MOVEMENT.

TODAY, I am starting this! I did some movement toady. i ran 60-90 seconds walked 60-90 seconds for 20 minutes. I'm shocked. i really thought it was going to kill me trying to run at ALL.
i may go take the littles for a walk in the jogger stroller later. i can't wait for the day i can run with them, even if just a mile since i will be adding lots of weight by pushing them.

No comments: