Thursday, November 13, 2008

my heart walking around outside of my chest...


Yesterday, i found out what it meant to have my heart walking outside of my chest...and that it literally HURTS sometimes!

Big T (oldest son) rides the bus home from school. he usually gets home around 3:30. Sometimes it's a few minutes before, sometimes a few after. EVERY now and again, it's later than that, and sometimes he even calls to say he's at S or J's house. well, at 4 o'clock, he hadn't come home and i hadn't heard from him. i made a few calls and no one answered. I called a boy that he's not allowed to hang around with, but does take the same bus (he lives in our neighborhood). He informs me Big T had DETENTION.

ok, he is my very good child, an exceptional teenager...no problems EVER from this kid! i get over that part and say, 'thank you." I call S's mom because unfortunately, S has detention more often. she tells me detention is usually about 30 minutes. this worries me because it was well past 30 minutes after school and i still haven't heard from him. i decide to put the littles in the vehicle, ride to the school to see if anyone is there. On the way to the school, i couldn't hold it together anymore. I lost it. i had a split second of thinking, 'i told him i love you, have a great day.' for the last time this morning.

no one probably understand if i told them why i thought this...because i'm sure teenagers pull this all the time, but Big T is not a typical teenager... he ALWAYS lets us know what he's doing, where he is, who he is with..... my heart was HURTING.

I drive up at school, there are cars scattered about, but only 1 child sitting outside, and from far, me and lil T thought for sure it was him...why hadn't he called we wondered?

It wasn't him.

I park in front of the school, i'm going to go ask someone, anyone...ANYTHING! here comes a crowd of kids.... THERE'S my T!!! i wanted to cry, laugh, scream at him, shout he's ok....

i found out exactly what it meant to have your heart walking around outside your body!

I love you T. thank you for being such a wonderful child! (oh, and the detention was because he forgot his I.D. tag 3 times in the same class)

No comments: