Friday, March 13, 2009

about 2 men in my life...

I seem to be surrounded by lots of men (and boys) in my life.

See, I'm the oldest of 4 children. The ONLY girl. I am married, of course to a MAN. I have four children, BOYS.

so, onto what i came here to say. Two of the MEN in my life.

Don't be shocked when you see who the first MAN i'm talking about. Some of you may be VERY surprised... you may not have even thought i could possibly be talking about THIS person....

I know...he's SUPPOSE to still be a KID! My oh my has he grown up so fast! he's such a good (and HANDSOME) young man! He does very good in school, he doesn't give me any problems, he is loved by all his freinds parents.... he is such a joy to parent!!
He LOVES everything music! he plays the Saxaphone in his high school band, he has an electric guitar, an electric Bass, a keyboard. He has asked for a Trumpet, thought about the trumbone... and can usually play anything by ear if he gives it a try! Last night was there spring concert, if you want to call it that. They played three songs. They did wonderful. There band usually ranks pretty high (either first or second) in competitions they are in.

There always has to be the goofy, stop with the pictures or i'll make silly faces in everyone of them pictures!

I am so incredibly proud of him!!!

I love you Travis!

The OTHER man in my life is my DAD.

Let me first say that: ANYONE can be a FATHER. It takes a SPECIAL person to be a DAD!

I'm not talking about my FATHER...but instead..my DAD! The man who has been there as far back as i have a memory. He has always been there for me...and ANY of my siblings whenever we need him! he has a heart bigger than anyone i know! he would give the shirt (and pants...although those may be short on most people..heehee) off his back to someone in need!


I got a call yesterday that he is in the hospital. my heart sank. I'm 2 1/2 hours away and wish i was closer. I was assured that he is ok, but more test were being done. He went to the hospital because one side of his face and body was numb!

He found out later in the day that he had had 3 strokes. Two didn't happen recently. Two on the right side, one of the left.

The left side is because he had another stroke!!

They are still testing to find out everthing. The numbness in his legs is better, but his face and arm hasn't returned.

They Doctor said this was a wake up call to do things to prevent anything worse from happening. They are doing more test and will figure out if medicine or surgery, or both i guess...will be needed.

I will be praying that the best possible answer is the reason for all of this and that he comes home with NO SIDE AFFECTS from all of this!!

He is my children's PAPPY... I want them to grow up knowing him. I want the littles to be able to remember him! that means we have to have lots of years left with him!!!

WE LOVE you ANDY!! Please do what you need to do to take care of YOURSELF! WE NEED you around for a LONG time!!

4 comments:

bradsmom123 said...

Ros, what a beautiful post. I sure hope Andy and Travis read this. It says so much that sometimes is left unsaid.
You are a special mom/daughter and I am sure they love you just as much.
Although I really and truly can NOT believe Travis is a MAN now.

Unknown said...

HUGS and Prayers headed your way. I can't believe how grown Travis looks. WoW.
I will be praying for Pappy. I hope all is well. Let me know if you need anything!

Danine said...

First what great pictures of Travis and as a mother I know exactly what you are saying there. It seems that Travis and Christian are two peas in a pod, minus the music talent that is.

As far as your Dad, he will be in my prayers. He CAN and WILL make a full recovery. The medical field has made great strides with stroke victims in the past years. 1/2 the battle in mental and yes he might have a long road ahead of him with intensive physical therapy but HE CAN DO IT! You tell him the little engine did it so can he!!

Hang tough and I'm sending hugs across the way!

meli said...

(((hugs))) heading your way, Ros.

First off, I really cannot get over how grown Travis is. It's simply unbelievable to me!! Great, great pictures of him!!

Secondly, your dad has all of my positive healing thoughts. He sounds like an absolutely wonderful man who is plenty strong in character.... with the strength of his family by his side, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be around for many, many, MANY more years.