Saturday, September 19, 2009

Guess what we're going to have soon?!

no, not a puppy...HECK NO...not a baby!!

a TEEN DRIVER!!
My oldest 'baby' is taking Driver's Ed today. 
He really didn't show much interest in driving until recently.  He asked a couple of times when would he be taking Driver's ED.  I made the call and today was the next class they had.
I think he will be a very good driver.  He's not a risk taker, let's hope it's that way while behind the wheel too!
On the way to the class, he said he was told they would have to watch video's of accidents of teens being 'messed up' and driving, that caused accidents, and what happened to them.  He was NOT happy about that.  he said he did NOT want to see that. 
it was a great opportunity to talk about it not only happening because of drugs or alcohol, but also from fooling with the radio, goofing off with friends in the car, talking on the phone, texting (which he thinks is DUMB, and doesn't do), and simply NOT paying attention.  He admitted that while driving with his dad, he didn't even like the radio being on because it distracted him (can we say, ADD?  LOL).
 I'm glad he realized that now, so he is aware that even something like that could possibly cause an accident.
 
It's scary, yet nice to know that if i need him to run to the store, go pick up or drop off his brother someplace...etc, i can send him.  When he gets his license that is.  I'm not sure when he actually gets his permit, then license. 

3 comments:

bettyp said...

Girl , wait till you get you car insurance bill!! We paid alot!!
It scary too. I can remember not able to sleep at night when they went places with the car . Its hard ...
Hope he stays like he is . I know he's a good kid.
Love your picture of you loing 64lbs !! I so proud of you !!
bp

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

YEs, i know! i called to ask about it. with a permit, it won't go up. with the license, it will go up about $100! thank goodness for his good grades, and he will do a safety package they have at the ins. co, to help keep the rate that LOW..HA!

Thank you so much!

Danine said...

Oh the gray hairs are coming in faster!

Driving...yikes...argh...*sigh*. It sounds like he will be a very responsible driver and I know how you feel with the thoughts of sending him on the way to do some of the errands!

Good LUCK!