Thursday, October 15, 2009

my mom....

should be just finishing up having Radial keratotomy surgery.  It's surgery to correct her vision.  She has TERRIBLE eyesight.  Considered legally blind.  If her eyesight was just a little worse, she would not have even quailified for this!!  She went in for Lasik, but was not a canidate for it.


I hope this gives her better eyesight than she was getting with her contacts.  I know it will be better than she had with her glasses.  She HATED having to wear them, and they were heavy, thick and made her eyes look tiny!!


Can't wait to hear how things went!!

UPDATE:  I got the call that they were back home and everything went fine.  She has drops that have to be put every THIRTY minutes while she is awake.  I can't wait to hear how her sight is when she is up to calling!

2 comments:

Danine said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Will keep Mom in our prayers! and do keep us updated!!

bettyp said...

Hope it went well for her.
bp