It had all different kinds of wood going on in there....pressed wood, plywood, paneling...all dark, ugly, and it looked dirty!

The shelves are not set up in a usefull way, for me, anyhow.
I'm short...very short! Some of the shelves are really deep and i would 'lose' stuff to the back because i couldn't see it.

there were slanted shelves in low spots, and flat shelves in high spots. It just didn't make sense FOR me.
so, we changed one of the flat ones to a slanted one, Hubby made me a 5' shelf that will hold boxes that i can see everyone of them, and i started priming....
i was a MESS. it looked like i pained my shirt, i had it ALL. OVER. ME. My hair. the floor.
I have one coat on it so far. I have to do one more, then i can paint.
I hope i can get this finished soon because i have stuff all over the laundry room. All the food from the pantry is in boxes all over the laundry room floor! Good thing the laundry room is HUGE!
Yesterday, I was going to make Trevor Shepard's pie and the turkey ended up as tacos instead because i couldn't find the potatoes and corn!
Maybe they'll end up with takeout pizza tonight! then i won't have to cook, and hopefully get the pantry finished and everything back in place!! Well, i typed this out earlier and scheduled it to post later, and ended up priming and painting the pantry!
It probably could use another coat, but of the many colors we have in the shed, we only had about 3/4 of a can of white. I don't want to have to buy a can of paint for a little more than 1/4 of a can, and it's not THAT obvious that it needs another coat....not like everyone that comes over goes into the pantry! LOL
Now, i just have to wait for it to dry to be able to put everything back. I'm going to let it dry overnight so it can set. I don't want the paint to lift if i set a can on it and it's not completely dried!
they STILL may get pizza though, since i can't organize the stuff back into the pantry yet.
I decided to add something to the wall in there too.
We found chalkboard paint years ago. We have used it in 3 different rooms before.
I decided to paint this board (about 2' x 2') with the chalkboard paint. I'll have hubby put molding around it to 'frame' it, and put it on the wall right when you walk in (or out) of the pantry. We can use this as a shopping list. when we take the last of _____ out of the pantry, they can write it on the chalkboard to let me know that it needs to be picked up from the store.
We ended up with breakfast for supper last night...everything i needed for that was in the fridge!
i was able to put most of my groceries back in the pantry. I'm just waiting for hubby to put the shelf he made on the wall and the small shelf we took out of there back up.
I guess now that i can GET TO the clothes in the laundry room i have to go start laundry.....
No comments:
Post a Comment