i know for a while i wasn't posting much. I was busy keeping the kiddos busy and out of trouble!
Hubby has said for quite some time that he wanted to paint the back of our house. The front and most of the sides are brick, but when the previous owners added the addition, they put wood on that part.
When the contrators that redid the house (trees fell through this house during a hurricane before we bought it) they painted the back a horrible grey with a hint of purple in it... and we HATED it. we thought white would be BRIGHT and Lance wanted to paint it red. Well, not RED red.... but more like a brick red. Some of you may remember us trying to pick a color for the shutters on the front of the house. We matched that color and went with THAT!
When he was not sleeping or at work, he was painting for over a week! and that was just the FIRST COAT! he still has another to do, but he stopped since we are going out...i mean, we ARE out of town at the moment!
It's so different now. when i look outside it looks dark now. I guess the grey made it look brighter outside. I like it though. the deck against that color looks good.
i'm just thinking now that maybe we should do the trim around the windows a different color but white would be so bright against that color and would wood stain show up? hummmm...and Lance may want to strangle me if i ADD to his work! heehee....
Here are some pics of part of the back, partially finished so you can see the before color and after. the tape is still on ALLLLLLL of the windows (yes, there are LOTS) so he doesn't have to retape for the second coat!
1 comment:
I LOVE it. It looks so homey! If you'd like I can run colors by the hubby for around the window (since that's what he does for a living...architecture) or I'd vote for a carmel/darker tan color which would bring out the desk even more!
Post a Comment